When we think about pests at home, we generally think of pests inside the house. We envisage cockroaches, spiders, silverfish and ants. Externally, several unwanted pests can make time spent in the backyard a bit unpleasant if left uncontrolled.
Cockroaches, termites, ants, fleas, spiders and rodents happily adapt to life outside the home with adequate shelter, food and water. There is nothing worse than contending with unwanted pests when trying to relax in your backyard with family and friends.
Keeping Your Backyard Free Of Pests
Below, GC Pest Control provides ten helpful tips, so your backyard remains a haven to you and not to pests:
- Keep spiders to a minimum by regularly removing webs from gutters, eaves and door frames.
- Cockroaches will thrive in plants like palm trees, which are dark and moist between the fronds, so keep plants of this type to a minimum in the garden.
- Remove food and water sources like pet bowls from outside, so rodents, cockroaches and ants don’t come to the feast.
- Keep regular flea treatments up to pets to avoid a flea infestation in the backyard.
- Be termite aware and inspect the perimeter and backyard for signs of termite infestation.
- Cover food when entertaining to reduce flies.
- Clean up after back yard BBQ’s and parties to reduce rodents, ants and cockroaches.
- Remove any containers in the backyard that may catch rainwater and make a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Carefully remove wasp nests to avoid painful stings.
- Cover vegetable gardens with netting to keep ants, mice and rats at bay.
Pest Control For Your Backyard
An annual pest control treatment with GC Pest Control will help get rid of spiders, ants and cockroaches from your Gold Coast, Ipswich or Brisbane home. Specialised rodent baits are available in our rodent treatments to repel and kill mice and rats.
So, before your next BBQ or family get together, be sure to book in a pest control treatment or any other specialised pest control treatment. We can assist you with getting rid of your backyard menacing and unwanted pests. So, get in touch with our team today!